Information for Authors and editors
If you are interested in publishing your monograph / your collected works / your book series as primary publications (“gold”) or secondary publications (“green”) with arthistoricum.net – ART-Books, please send us a book proposal. We will gladly arrange a consultation date (contact details).
Services We Provide:
- Each work is published in various digital formats (PDF and HTML) and as a print-on-demand book (hard or soft cover), which can be purchased in regular bookstores and from online vendors.
- In order to ensure maximum visibility of all publications and to allow convenient access to both our digital and printed media, we provide each format (PDF, and print-on-demand books) with a unique ISBN. Each book series will also be assigned an ISSN and online publications will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier). Bibliographic information and content descriptors (keywords, subjects, etc.) both for the individual book and book chapters or essays within edited volumes will be cataloged to ensure optimum visibility in databases, search engines, and both national and international library catalogs (such as HEIDI/HeiBIB, SWB, KVK, Google Scholar, DOAB, Open Library, Worldcat). Our books are also listed in national and international trade directories (e.g. Amazon, VLB, KNOE, and Buchhandel.de) and can be ordered online or through retailers. Additionally, we support authors with proof for the payout of royalties from copyright collectives such as VG Wort.
- It is also possible to store additional research data permanently. This can then be directly linked to online-publications on arthistoricum.net – ART-Books. All research data – i.e. images, videos, audio files, tables, charts etc. – have their own DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and are therefore permanently citable. They are visible and linkable as independent research achievements.
- Please note that, since arthistoricum.net – ART-Books is an Open Access publisher, works published by arthistoricum.net – ART-Books fall under a Creative Commons license (preferably CC-BY or CC-BY-SA). The copyright of the work shall remain with you as the author, with the publisher retaining only very simple rights.
- Important information for authors: Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to use all content that they do not produce themselves. Such content can include images, videos, data, audio files, or charts. Any material that is not the sole creation of the author may be used only with the express permission of the copyright holder. arthistoricum.net – ART-Books assumes no liability for the use of third-party content.