Information for Authors and editors
You are interested in publishing a monograph, a collected work or a book series as primary publication (“gold”) or secondary publication ("green") with arthistoricum.net – ART? Then please fill out our book form and send it to us together with an exposé of the planned publication. If a sample chapter or the manuscript is already available, please enclose this as well.
Services We Provide:
- Each work is published in various digital formats (PDF and HTML) and as a print-on-demand book (hard or soft cover), which can be purchased in regular bookstores and from online vendors.
- As a rule, we expect from you a printable PDF of the manuscript. We will gladly advise you on the creation of the layout. Especially if a print edition is desired, arrangements should be made in advance. If you need more support in typesetting and layout, perhaps our new offer “PublishingPlus ” is of interest to you.
- In order to ensure maximum visibility of all publications and to allow convenient access to both our digital and printed media, we provide each format (PDF, and print-on-demand books) with a unique ISBN. Each book series will also be assigned an ISSN and online publications will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier). Bibliographic information and content descriptors (keywords, subjects, etc.) both for the individual book and book chapters or essays within edited volumes will be cataloged to ensure optimum visibility in databases, search engines, and both national and international library catalogs (such as HEIDI/HeiBIB, SWB, KVK, Google Scholar, DOAB, Open Library, Worldcat). Our books are also listed in national and international trade directories (e.g. Amazon, VLB, KNOE, and Buchhandel.de) and can be ordered online or through retailers. Additionally, we support authors with proof for the payout of royalties from copyright collectives such as VG Wort.
- It is also possible to store additional research data permanently. This can then be directly linked to online-publications on arthistoricum.net – ART-Books. All research data – i.e. images, videos, audio files, tables, charts etc. – have their own DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and are therefore permanently citable. They are visible and linkable as independent research achievements.
- Please note that, since arthistoricum.net – ART-Books is an Open Access publisher, works published by arthistoricum.net – ART-Books fall under a Creative Commons license (preferably CC-BY or CC-BY-SA). The copyright of the work shall remain with you as the author, with the publisher retaining only very simple rights.
- Important information for authors: Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to use all content that they do not produce themselves. Such content can include images, videos, data, audio files, or charts. Any material that is not the sole creation of the author may be used only with the express permission of the copyright holder. arthistoricum.net – ART-Books assumes no liability for the use of third-party content.
- The publication of your work at arthistoricum.net – ART-Books (PDF) is free of charge for you under the conditions described above. There is usually a charge for an additional print-on-demand edition (300 € per edition or volume for multi-volume works). We can only provide printed free copies to a very limited extent. However, you can order the print editions at a reduced price via arthistoricum.net – ART-Books. The costs for the deposit copies that we deliver to the national and regional libraries are covered by arthistoricum.net – ART-Books.
If you need a professional typesetting / layout for your publication, you can apply for our new “PublishingPlus ” offer free of charge!
The prerequisites for this are:
- Scientists from all over the world can apply. The languages of publication are usually German or English.
- Together with our book proposal, please submit a short curriculum vitae in tabular form, an exposé on the planned publication and – if possible – a sample chapter or the entire manuscript.
- Applications for the publication of dissertations are possible in the evaluation of “Summa cum laude” or “Magna cum laude”, the imprimatur must be issued by the reviewers.
- Your application will be submitted to the arthistoricum.net Advisory Board and, if necessary, to external reviewers for consideration and decision.