Information for Authors and Editors
If you are interested in publishing your monograph / your collected works / your book series as primary publications (“gold”) or secondary publications (“green”) with Propylaeum-eBOOKS, please send us a book proposal or – if possible – an example chapter via our Book Proposal.
We accept phd-dissertations if they are rated “Summa cum laude” or “Magna cum laude”. For dissertations, please include reports by your supervisors and proof that the imprimatur has been issued.
We will gladly arrange a consultation date (contact details).
Services We Provide:
- Each work is published in various digital formats (PDF and HTML) and as a print-on-demand book (hard or soft cover), which can be purchased in regular bookstores and from online vendors.
- As a rule, we expect from you a printable PDF of the manuscript. We will gladly advise you and, if necessary, provide you with a Word or Indesign template. Especially if a print edition is desired, arrangements should be made in advance. If you need more support in typesetting and layout, perhaps our new offer “PublishingPlus ” is of interest to you.
- On request and on the basis of your suggestions, we will take care of the cover design for your publication.
- In order to ensure maximum visibility of all publications and to allow convenient access to both our digital and printed media, we provide each format (PDF, and print-on-demand books) with a unique ISBN. Each book series will also be assigned an ISSN and online publications will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier). Bibliographic information and content descriptors (keywords, subjects, etc.) both for the individual book and book chapters or essays within edited volumes will be cataloged to ensure optimum visibility in databases, search engines, and both national and international library catalogs (such as HEIDI/heiBIB, SWB, KVK, Google Scholar, Open Library, Worldcat). Our books are also listed in national and international trade directories (e.g. Amazon, VLB, KNOE, and Buchhandel.de) and can be ordered online or through retailers. Additionally, we support authors with proof for the payout of royalties from copyright collectives such as VGWort.
- It is also possible to store additional research data permanently on the Heidelberg research repository heiDATA. This can then be directly linked to online-publications on Propylaeum-eBOOKS. All research data – i.e. images, videos, audio files, tables, charts etc. – have their own DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and are therefore permanently citable. They are visible and linkable as independent research achievements.
- Please note that, since Propylaeum-eBOOKS is an Open Access publisher, works published by Propylaeum-eBOOKS fall under a Creative Commons license (preferably CC-BY or CC-BY-SA). The copyright of the work shall remain with you as the author, with the publisher retaining only very simple rights.
- Important information for authors: Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to use all content that they do not produce themselves. Such content can include images, videos, data, audio files, or charts. Any material that is not the sole creation of the author may be used only with the express permission of the copyright holder. Propylaeum-eBOOKS assumes no liability for the use of third-party content.
- Publication on Propylaeum-eBooks is free of charge under the conditions described above. We cannot provide free printed copies. However, you can order print editions at a reduced price via Propylaeum-eBooks. Compulsory copies for national and state libraries are automatically delivered by Propylaeum-eBooks.
If you need a professional typesetting / layout for your publication, you can apply for our new “PublishingPlus ” offer free of charge!
The prerequisites for this are:
- Scientists from all over the world can apply. The languages of publication are usually German or English.
- Together with our book proposal, please submit a short curriculum vitae in tabular form, an exposé on the planned publication and – if possible – a sample chapter or the entire manuscript.
- Applications for the publication of dissertations are possible in the evaluation of “Summa cum laude” or “Magna cum laude”, the imprimatur must be issued by the reviewers.
- Your application will be submitted to the Propylaeum Advisory Board and, if necessary, to external reviewers for consideration and decision.