The Open Access platform Propylaeum-eBOOKS offers researchers of the University of Heidelberg a possibility to publish their research in time and free of charges.
We support the Open Access publishing model for distributing research results and publish therefore primary publications (“gold”) as well as secondary publications (“green”).
Propylaeum-eBOOKS is an Open Access publication platform by Propylaeum, the DFG-funded Specialised Information Service of Classical Studies which is maintained by Heidelberg University Library.
Propylaeum eBooks adheres to the following principles:
- Open Access online publication in different digital formats is the principal form of publication.
- In addition to the freely available digital formats Propylaeum-eBOOKS also offers a book publication (print on demand) that can be purchased from local or online booksellers.
- We publish monographs as well as series from all research fields.
- Compliance with academic quality standards is an important condition and should be guaranteed e.g. for dissertations by reviewers or for series by the series editors.
- All titles published with Propylaeum-eBOOKS have their own ISBN or ISSN (for series) as well as a DOI number and are thus clearly referenced.