Susanne Himmelheber et al.
Begleitheft zur AusstellungUniversitätsmuseum Heidelberg – Kataloge
The catalogue is the accompanying booklet for the permanent exhibition of the University Museum of Heidelberg as it was presented to the public in 2006. Since 1996, the University Museum has been located in the baroque building of the “Old University” built in 1712. Whereas the actual museum is situated in the ground floor of the old building, the Alte Aula can be found in the first floor; moreover, the Studentenkarzer can be visited in the adjoining building. Both the Alte Aula and the Studentenkarzer represent the highly traditional University’s history.
The three exhibits are described in the three rooms of the museum, in which the history of the University from the formation in 1386 to the anniversary in 1786 (room A), of the University in the 18th and 19th century (room B) and of the University in the 20th century (room C) is represented. Furthermore, the catalogue includes information about the Alte Aula and the Studentenkarzer.